The company has been in existence for 19 years and plan to be around for many more
1. Our quotations are produced with as much detail as possible to avoid any misunderstandings. If something is missing that you would like included, please let us know and we will revise the quotation accordingly. Any additional works found necessary are to be agreed with the client and a separate revised or extra contract quotation provided.
2. Working Arrangements: All prices quoted are calculated on the basis of free access and unimpeded working during our normal working hours (8 am – 5 pm Mon – Fri), unless otherwise agreed.
3. Both Contractor and client to agree practical arrangements on working methods that provide minimum disruption to the client and allow work to be carried out efficiently by the contractor.
4. Free access is required for delivery of building materials, plant, machinery and skips etc.
5. All building and other materials provided by the main contractor or their sub-contractors remain the property of HANDYMANSTAN and Property Maintenance until full and final payment is received via Bank Transfer, cleared cheque or cash (see item 9).
6. Access to and collection of used or unused building materials, equipment and plant etc remains in place until full and cleared final payment is received.
7. Accepting a quotation, either verbally or in writing,or by non refundable deposit you are agreeing to the commencement of works will allow these terms and conditions to come into affect.
8. The main contractor being ‘ HANDYMANSTAN’ may employ both direct and sub-contract labour to work on site. Each individual contractor takes full responsibility for their own third party liability. The main contractor will oversee all works to completion and takes full general and operational responsibility in the running of any contract agreed with the client.
9. Payment can be made via Bank Transfer, by cheque or in cash and a receipt for payment will be given. Please make all payments by cheque payable to ‘HANDYMANSTAN and Property Maintenance’. Bank Transfer details upon request. Payment in full is due upon completion of the contract and presentation of the associated invoice. Part payments, interim payments and non refundable deposits may be agreed prior to commencement of works or during the contract duration. A down payment is not usually required however arrangements may be made for a down payment in respect of the acquisition of bespoke or high value materials.
10. Insurance and Public Liability: Public Liability Insurance is provided up to the sum of R1,000,000. All usual general building practices are covered within our insurance policy.
11. All client information is retained in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and all personal and other client details will remain confidential.
12. In the event of unforeseen difficulties arising, or any other circumstantial changes, the quotation price or estimated cost may be revised to reflect the situation at hand.
13. Guarantees: All customers will benefit from a full guarantee on our workmanship for a period of 3 months. Guarantees on materials run in accordance with manufacturers warranty periods where applicable. Our guarantee covers all new work and new materials used in construction or repairs, but does not gaurentee the integrity of any existing structures, materials or decorations. In the event of a failure beyond the guarantee period we will be happy to investigate the cause and negotiate a solution to the problem without delay and carry out any agreed repairs as soon as possible. Charges may apply for remedial work carried out beyond guarantee dates or to items not covered by our guarantee. Decorations are signed off on completion and not covered by guarantee.
14. No re sposibility is taken by ourselves for the presence of perished or rotten timber in existing structures such as doors, windows and frames for example whether detected or undetected at the time of contract.
15. Extras will only be undertaken further to both full discussion with the client, and, verbal or written agreement, and charged at the agreed rate.
16. Discounts and retentions: Prices are based on the understanding that no retentions are held unless previously arranged and authorised. No Main Contractor or Sub Contractor discounts are given unless agreed and confirmed in writing.
- We will endeavour to employ a helpful attitude at all times and will always attempt to bring the building works to a satisfactory conclusion as soon as possible taking into account weather conditions and availability of specialist materials and unforeseen circumstances etc
- If not happy with work done a written email must be sent with problems to the HANDYMANSTAN within seven (7)working days to validate clame